Vision: Health and Wellbeing
Ryedale is a place where people enjoy life, work and leisure at their own pace. Freed from stress, they can take care of themselves and others.
In Ryedale it is recognised that health and well-being requires the support of active local communities, the promotion of independent living in a comfortable setting and the presence of a dynamic and diverse local culture. The emphasis is on the prevention of illness and supporting people to make a major contribution towards improving their own health and wellbeing.
We talked to local people about their experiences and built this vision of Ryedale in 2013 from these:
People said they value:
- ‘having the space to be me’
- ‘the contrast between rural and city life’
- ‘free life, less worries’
- ‘preferable to urban life’
But they would change:
- ‘lots of fit people’
- ‘to stop smoking’
- ‘quicker response to health problems’
- ‘quality care to be available’